Position Title: The Include Me Program-Program Specialist
Reports to: Executive Director, The Arc of Philadelphia
FSLA status: Part-time, exempt
The Arc of Philadelphia is looking to fill an amazing position where you will be involved with participants of all ages both in school settings and out in the community. The Arc of Philadelphia and our programs believe all individuals with significant impact of developmental and intellectual disabilities deserve equal educational and employment rights.
The Include Me program, is a model for the inclusive education of Pennsylvania’s students with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Our mission is to build and strengthen the inclusive education capacity for all public-school students and to ensure all impacted students have equal access to all aspects of life and the community throughout their lifespan.
Full Job Description
The goal of the services provided by an Include Me Program Specialist (IM Program Specialist) is to support students with significant disabilities in regular education classrooms in their neighborhood schools and to build inclusive practices capacity in the school district in which they are working. The IM Program Specialist will be a fully contributing member of The Arc of Philadelphia’s team and oversee all related activities in assigned school districts, specifically school district inclusion assessments, research-based inclusive practices, training and technical assistance, inclusion integration, support and district wide capacity building, as well as outreach to the greater community of the participating school district and region that aligns with the goals of the Include Me program and its funders.
IM Program Specialists will utilize their experience to
- Champion the student, lead development and execution of supplementary aids and services that defines student’s needs, opportunities, and barriers to inclusion, and ultimately provide the supports which promote standards for exemplary inclusive practice delivery.
- Conduct weekly visits to assigned school districts, families, and community events. Seventy percent (70%) of time should be spent in the field making visits to participating districts, with families, and coordinating community outreach events and attending community activities (i.e. local task force meeting, parent group meeting, etc.). In the event of school closures (due to natural disaster, public health event, etc.) Seventy percent of time should be spent conducting remote contact with school personnel, families, and other community partners with whom the IM program specialist would have otherwise been conducting face to face contact.
- Collaborate with parents and educational entities in assigned school districts to define goals, tools, and processes in support of Include Me’s development and capacity building efforts.
- Deliver program materials and outreach to all level buildings in Include Me participating school districts to build capacity for inclusive practices within the district.
- Work closely with The Arc of Philadelphia’s Executive Director with defining success criteria, measuring effectiveness of initiatives, and reporting on results.
- Provide a series of trainings to parents of students participating in the program.
- Deliver professional development training to school district personnel (teachers, paraprofessionals, and other school staff)
- Deliver disability awareness and acceptance activities to specific classrooms and school buildings in participating IM school districts.
- Assist to develop and update the Include Me listing, PowerPoints and other materials of available training (for parents and school personnel)
- Provide updates (including pictures from program activities) to the Program Director to include on social media, in quarterly reports to funders and other required reporting
- Complete all required data entry into Apricot or other data collection systems weekly and all other reporting as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Able to travel within assigned region to and from Philadelphia County. Act 34, Act 151, Act 126, Act 168, and Act 114 clearances
- Understanding of and commitment to inclusion and inclusive practices.
- Computer skills, including but not limited to literacy in the use of Microsoft office and Excel programs.
- Possess an exceptional student service attitude, outstanding interpersonal skills and take a positive, proactive approach to working with parents and school personnel.
- Understanding and use of Person First language, Self-determination, Presumed Competence and the values of inclusion in relation to supporting individuals with disabilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of outcome evaluation, differentiated instruction, positive behavioral support practices, coordination, and collaboration involved in instructional planning in a general education environment.
- Possess knowledge of assistive technology assessments and services.
- Ability to work independently from a home office, meet required evaluation/research data deadlines, prioritize and manage multiple assignments and projects simultaneously, and utilize a laptop with remote capabilities from the home office.
SpArc is an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- All staff must show proof of fully vaccination status of COVID-19
- Work Location: Hybrid remote in Philadelphia, PA 19140
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resumé to HR@sparcphilly.org, using "The Include Me Program-Program Specialist" as the subject line.