The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the HR Team in administratively supporting all employees (e.g. correspondence generation, record keeping, file maintenance). This position offers e candidates job development opportunities in all areas of Human Resources. Performs other HR duties as assigned.
- Travel locally as needed (Philadelphia & surrendering area) to job sites
- Provide daily departmental administrative support including monthly reporting.
- Draft employment verification letters and correspondence as requested.
- Responds to unemployment insurance claim inquiry forms and maintains termination paperwork.
- Provides support with preparing personnel/medical files and documentation for audits.
- Ensures that employee files and records including I-9 are maintained in accordance with SpArc Philadelphia’s requirements and applicable employment laws.
- Assist with recruitment efforts (job fairs, information sessions, phone screens, & interviews).
- Assist with employee onboarding and orientation.
- Schedule pre-employment physicals, conduct background screening and reference checks.
- Employee facing for general HR questions.
- Coordinate Training classes
- Ability to maintain confidentiality to the highest standard.
- Assist with HR projects as needed.
- Appropriately escalate inquiries to HR Senior Director.
- No less than 2+ years experience working in a fast-paced administrative role.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills, follow through/up.
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to be "hands-on" in work and in providing support to the entire management team.
- Experience working in a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Pre-employment screening (physical, drug screen, criminal, & child abuse clearance).
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- BA or BS preferred
- Must have a vehicle and valid driver’s license
Physical Environment/Working Conditions
We have a standard office environment. Position may require some independent travel. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to HR@sparcphilly.org. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email.
SpArc is an equal opportunity employer.